Tag Archives: nannycam
In order for us to build a successful baby monitor, we need our Raspberry Pi to perform the following tasks:
- Capture live video feed of the baby
- Stream live video feed to browser to be viewable by any device (Phone, Tablet, PC etc)
- Capture live video feed and save it onto a hard drive for later viewing (Nanny Cam)
- Capture audio (optional) of the baby and stream it. For me, this is not a high priority.
We need the following hardware tools to build our baby monitor:
- Raspberry Pi + Casing + Power supply (or battery pack)
- Pi Camera + Casing (Some people have converted their USB webcams to do this, but I prefer the Pi Camera for this tutorial
- SD Card preferably 8GB with Raspbian installed on it.
- Wifi USB dongle (incase if you do not want to use the ethernet port for LAN connectivity)
- A micro hard drive or a USB flash drive for video recording (optional)
The above items can be easily purchased from dozens of vendors across the globe and information can be sourced from Raspberry Pi website.